Friday, September 5, 2014

Little fox in the big woods

Hello-- So- wondering what is up with the little fox in the big woods?  




As you may or may not know, the fox is a sculpture I created not so long agoYou can read all about his story HERE, but here is a pic of him at the gallery which sold him.


I have been making tree related art since I very first began sculpting.  I am a total woods gal-- it is where I feel most happy.  Along the way I came up with a design for a little grouping of trees that was very very simple.


People loved it and were always fascinated that it stood on it's own.  For some reason they couldn't work out how it held itself up until I showed them the small welds up in the branches.

I sold tons of these.  People liked grouping them into mini forests, giving them as gifts, decorating them various ways.  They were extremely popular.  

 
They look simple, but were actually pretty labor intensive to make; lots of tiny branches to de-burr etc.   It took a bit of a toll on my hands, so I had to stop producing them.  I need to spare my hands for less repetitive artwork.

But everyone can still enjoy the design as a screen print on any of the Artitude tees, or the messenger bag-- alone or with the little fox.


No comments:

Post a Comment